Friday, February 28, 2014

Reality Check



~“Pardon me my fair, fairy maiden…” Gavriel paused, “I am Captain of the Fairy Guard, do you require…”

“I know who you are.” The maiden interrupted. “And, no. I don’t require any assistance by the likes of you.” Her wings fluttered in irritation.Gavriel knew that voice, and it didn’t belong to any fairy maiden that he knew. He blinked the sun out of his eyes and looked again at the fairy maiden. This second take revealed an entirely different visage from that of his first glance. Gavriel’s jaw dropped in astonishment. “You, I… I mean, Funnel.” He stammered.


“Yes… me Funnel, you Gavriel.” She replied sarcastically as she raised her thoroughly bent and broken funnel that had obviously taken the brunt of the fall. Funnel examined Gavriel  and noticed that he wasn’t in his uniform nor did he have a squad of fairy guards with him. Perhaps Bomar, the barkeep, hadn’t reported her and her antics yet? It was then that she noticed Gavriel’s mouth hanging open wide and his unwavering gaze. “What? Haven’t you ever seen a pixie wrapped up in a torn and tattered banner while standing on a horse apple, all the while with a dragonfly on her back?” ~


Click here Woodsy Wino for more of the story and while you're there, why not check out the Bazaar for exclusive The Legend of Woodsy Wino Wine Charms. 


No comments:

Post a Comment